[KWlocate] Beam Reach SRKW Updates

Breanna Walker walke827 at umn.edu
Tue May 22 18:10:01 PDT 2012

Hello fellow listeners!

The Beam Reach class spent the afternoon with J-Pod milling around Salmon
Bank and Hein Bank. We caught up with the whales a little after noon where
they were calling and clicking for about an hour! We left a focal group of
about five members of J-pod around 3:30 today. On our return to Snug Harbor
we happened to encounter more whales! The whales appeared to be in three
focal groups spread out but we think they were heading north. However their
directions varied all day, so they could turn up anywhere tonight. If you
are interested we would really appreciate help keeping your ears open for
the whales this evening! Please update us if you hear anything and we will
do the same!

"Happy listening"

Beam Reach 121

--