[KWlocate] Lime Kiln Lighthouse acoustics

Orca Network susan at orcanetwork.org
Thu Sep 8 17:50:10 PDT 2011

YAY for all you heroes who keep this amazing system going so we can
all listen in to the orcas! We know what a difficult technological
challenge it is to keep hydrophone systems working in an ocean
environment, then to keep the computer/internet connections all
working seems an impossible and never ending task - thanks so much
for your hard work to make this available, and to keep it working -
susan

At 05:39 PM 9/8/2011, val wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>The streaming/Who_Listener/underwater and above water videocams/
>computer suffered a likely motherboard failure last weekend.  Jason
>first worked it and then Robin took it to Rock Island.  Over the past
>two days I have caucused with Rock Island and with Scott. Trying to fix
>the motherboard or find a replacement seemed like it would take a
>significant number of days and as a result we decided to purchase a new
>desktop and try to put the disk drive from the failed computer in the
>new one. I finished this process this afternoon with the able assistance
>of Scott helping via telephone and GoToMyPC.  Everything (just about)
>seems to now be back up and working.
>
>Val

Susan Berta & Howard Garrett
Orca  Network
info at orcanetwork.org
www.orcanetwork.org
1-866-ORCANET

Orca Network - Connecting whales and people in the Pacific Northwest
Orca Network is dedicated to raising awareness about the whales of
the Pacific Northwest,
and the importance of providing them healthy and safe habitats.

Projects include the Whale Sighting Network and Education Programs,
the Free Lolita Campaign,
and the Central Puget Sound Marine Mammal Stranding Network.