[KWlocate] Orcasound back online

Scott Veirs scott at beamreach.org
Fri Nov 18 13:38:25 PST 2016

Hello,

Thanks to some heroic, voluntary efforts by Val, Leslie, Captain Tom, Don,
Dave, Kurt, and other assistants (human and canine!), the hydrophone
located between the Center for Whale Research and Snug Harbor has been
repaired.  The "A-Team" not only re-secured the intertidal protectors that
were ripped out by the last big wind storm, but also pulled a LOT of old
kelp-covered cables from the sea.  One of our best hydrophones was found to
still be functional and after it's cable was repaired in two places, it was
redeployed.

Enjoy it (while it lasts) via the free, live audio stream here --
http://orcasound.net

Also, if you'd like to see some of the photos Leslie took during the chilly
boat and diver work this November, check out this blog post --
http://www.orcasound.net/wp/2016/11/18/orcasound-hydrophones-repaired-for-winter-2016/

We are attempting to get Port Townsend working again this month, too...

Best regards,
Scott in Seattle