[KWlocate] Vote for hydrophones in British Columbia

Scott Veirs scott at beamreach.org
Thu Nov 29 11:52:06 PST 2012

While you're listening today --

Stop by this site to vote (before Dec 14) for our friends at Pacific
Wild who are trying to win $5,000 to expand their live hydrophone
network near Bella Bella.
http://www.thebigwild.org/bucks

Here's more about their exciting project which currently includes 4
hydrophones that have been hearing a lot of humpback feeding calls.
http://www.pacificwild.org/site/great-bear-live/hydrophones.html

Give a listen to their best recording so we recognize the calls when we
start hearing humpbacks in the Salish Sea on orcasound.net ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn4RLg-Oj4s

Thanks!
Scott in Seattle