[KWlocate] :::: DIVER AT LIME KILN - HI SCOTT ?? ::::

Scott Veirs scott at beamreach.org
Sun May 13 20:09:05 PDT 2012

Hi Lon et al.,

That was Jason and David fixing up the array at Lime Kiln.  (Thanks,
guys!)  We're getting closer to a new configuration of 4 of your
hydrophones that should allow us to more precisely locate the sources of
SRKW calls, clicks, and other signals made near Lime Kiln.

While Jason and David dive, I'm busy helping the Beam Reach students
locate the SRKWs during their last 10 days studying their movements,
vocal and echolocation behavior, and relationship to Fraser Chinook and
other environmental variables.  We've mostly observed them resting (not
much acoustic data!), so are eager for a few more chances to record them.

Any extra listening effort and posts to this list (just send to
locate at lists.orcasphere.net ) between now and our last day at sea (5/24)
would be greatly appreciated.  We often end up in anchorages where the
Internet connection doesn't allow streaming the hydrophone signals.  If
you'd prefer to contact us off-list, just email scott at beamreach.org

Happy listening,
Scott

DIVER AT LIME KILN - HI SCOTT ?? ::::

--
Beam Reach | http://beamreach.org <http://beamreach.org?svig>
Marine Science and Sustainability School