[KWlocate] Squeaking squelched at PT

Beam Reach gatoverde at beamreach.org
Mon Apr 19 22:26:41 PDT 2010

Hi all,

About the time I was reading your emails from our moorage here on the
Port Townsend Marine Science Center dock, Horace came aboard having
identified the source of some of the whistling/squeaking.  He found that
as the high tide lifted the floating dock up the pilings, it began to
rub in a dry section above the barnacles that has clearly seen a LOT of
wear.  The squeaking seemed to abate when we dumped a bucket of water on
the rubbing surfaces.

Now to figure out what the clanging is...

Thanks for listening!
Scott