[KWlocate] Beam Reach with transients

Scott Veirs scott at beamreach.org
Mon Apr 20 15:32:17 PDT 2009

Hello all,

For those of you who joined the "locate" list recently, I wanted to
explain that some list members use a device called a SPOT to send
automated location data when they are in the field with killer whales.
If you would prefer to not get so many updates, please just let me know
(at scott at beamreach.org ).  I can easily switch you to a "daily digest"
mode that will notify you once per day with all daily messages
concatenated.

Alternatively, anyone can manage their own account (including
unsubscribing) via:
(Email me if you've misplaced your password.)

Today's locations are coming from the SPOT on the Beam Reach research
vessel.  On their first day at sea they encountered transients and have
been paralleling them northbound in Haro Strait between Sidney and Henry
Islands.  Further details should emerge soon at: http://beamreach.org/blog

You can view Beam Reach SPOT locations in real-time here (please do not
share this URL beyond list members)

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0mIEN86k7rHq0GulN7W3aAfBu4i0WLb16

and in historically here

http://www.beamreach.org/map.html

Finally, these location data are archived both on the Beam Reach web
site and in the "Orca Master" database maintained by The Whale Museum.
Please contact me if you have a use for (or source of!) archived data
and would like to coordinate data transfers.

Best regards,
Scott

--
Beam Reach | http://beamreach.org
Marine Science and Sustainability School
206.251.5554 | scott at beamreach.org