[KWlocate] New SRKW location

srkw at orcasphere.net srkw at orcasphere.net
Sat May 31 16:38:14 PDT 2008

otis|otisr at ripon.edu|Self|.|Lime Kiln|2008|May|31|15|38|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|J|.|milling|N|The rest of J pod entered our study area at 1538 heading north, though we only saw 14 pass over our line. 4 powerboats and 6 kayaks accompanied these whales through the study area.  17 powerboats were seen accompanying these whales outside the study area.  The last whale left the study area at 1602.  Time from the first whale to the last whale over our line was 19 minutes.  Dividing this by 14 gives us what we call our spread-out time, in this case 1.36.    this translates to mean that tyhese whales were, on average, 1.4 minutes apart.