[KWlocate] New SRKW location

srkw at orcasphere.net srkw at orcasphere.net
Thu May 29 16:55:43 PDT 2008

otis|otisr at ripon.edu|Self|.|Lime Kiln|2008|May|29|15|12|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|J|.|milling|S|J pod entered the study area at 1512 heading south.  Only 15 members were actually seen in the study area. No milling was seen. Only one powerboat and 3 kayaks were accompanying these whales in the study area.  Outside the study area, we counted 6 commercial boats apparently with the ten whales we did not see.  The last whale left the study area at 1556.  Time from the first whale to the last whale over our line was 36 minutes, what we call our spread-out time.