[KWlocate] Midnight recordings and TV coverage

Scott Veirs scott at beamreach.org
Wed Dec 10 03:14:08 PST 2008

Hey all,

Here are the recordings of the very brief calls I heard tonight on
Orcasound and Lime Kiln hydrophones (most calls are in first couple
minutes):

http://orcasound.net/mp3s/lk/081210_0021-0031_001036_lk_midnight-calls.mp3
http://orcasound.net/mp3s/os/081210_0021-0032_001118_os_midnight-calls.mp3

Also, I thought you'd be amused to see that the Salish Sea Hydrophone
Network got a tiny bit of airtime on KOMO4 news yesterday (Monday
4:30pm).  I love that the reporter, Robert, did a little live audio
comparison of Haro Strait and Elliott Bay noise levels!

http://www.beamreach.org/blog/2008/12/09/noise-notice-in-puget-sound

Enjoy,
Scott
--
Beam Reach | http://beamreach.org

Marine Science and Sustainability School

scott at beamreach.org | 206.251.5554